The Latin America IPR SME Helpdesk offers free of charge, first-line support on IP and IP rights matters to facilitate the expansion of European SMEs (EU SMEs and SMEs from the Associated countries) already established at, or working with entities in Latin America (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela) as well as those potentially interested in establishing commercial and R&D activities and ventures in these countries.
The Latin America IPR SME Helpdesk is a project, co-funded by the European Commission, and implemented from July 2015 to January 2018 by a consortium of organisations from Europe and Latin America:
- University of Alicante, Spain (General Coordinator)
- Eurochambres, Belgium
- Instituto Nacionale da Propriedade Industrial, Portugal
- Instituto Dannemann Siemsen, Brazil
- Instituto Nacional de Propiedad Intelectual, Chile
- Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Eurochile, Chile
- Senior Experts from Latin American countries
How European SMEs can benefit from the Helpdesk?
EU SMEs are offered free of charge information, training, first-line assistance and support in IP rights matters related to Latin American countries.